Tekno Gabay Flyer(BIKOL)
BCARRD Techno GabayFlyer(ENGLISH)
FITS is a technology promotion and utilization modality wherein a center is established nearest the majority of our farmers, processors, traders and entrepreneurs in a given area that enables fast access to information and technology services.
In the Bicol Region, four centers have been established:
- Camarines Sur Technopinoy Center – Provincial Government of Camarines Sur
DA Provincial Office
- Sorsogon Technopinoy Center – Sorsogon Livestock Dairy Farm
- Masbate Technopinoy Center – LGU of Uson, Masbate
- Basud Techno Pinoy Center
- Tiwi TechnoPinoy Center
A. Technology Services
- Technology clinic
B. Information Services
*Access to global information through the internet
*Sale of reference and information materials
*Exhibits of new technologies, products and services
*Production and dissemination of IEC materials
The Farmer-Scientist Bureau (FSB), more popularly called Magsasaka-Siyentista (MS), is one of the innovative modalities in technology promotion and commercialization which centers on the farmer as a model of participatory development in agriculture and natural resources management.
The program aims to establish a national network of demonstration farms which are managed and operated by a group of acknowledged outstanding farmer-leaders who can effectively showcase the commercial feasibility and viability of applying appropriate technologies.
The following are the services that the program can offer:
1. serve as demonstration sites of technologies
- Production of information materials (print, video) based on the needs of clients (especially clients of FITS centers)
Agricultural Resources Management Information Systems (ARMIS) databases
- contains the profile of all on-going and completed researches in agriculture, forestry, environment and natural resources generated by the researchers of the BCARRD member-agencies.
- This database is web-enabled and can be accessed thru the PCARRD website: http://www.pcarrd.dost.gov.ph
- Coordinates/facilitates/conducts ICT-related training needs of the RMIS officers, FITS staff and other organizational bodies of BCARRD
- Coordinates/supervises the maintenance of the IT hardwares of the RMIS office and FITS centers
- Internet services
- Electronic mail services
The BCARRD OSIS was launched on March 17, 1997 at CSSAC, Pili, Camarines Sur. Dr. William D. Dar, PCARRD's Executive Director and Hon. Luis R. Villafuerte, Governor of Camarines Sur graced the occasion and attended by members of the Bicol Kaugnay Agribusiness Cooperatives, farmers, heads of BCARRD member-agencies, RTWG, RACO and RMIS members.
From then on, the OSIS has been catering to the information needs of the farmers, entrepreneurs, researchers, members as well as other government agencies and other walk-in clients.
OSIS is a program intervention of BCARRD for disseminating scientific information and development technologies. Its target clients are as follows:
1. Research group – research directors, researchers
The new BCARRD OSIS will be launch soon on Bicol University.
Technology Assessment is the process of anticipating and analyzing a broad range of socio-cultural, technical, economic, environmental and political/legal aspects prior to the introduction of a given technology or even while a technology is being promoted or commercialized. It aims to provide the step-by-step process of evaluating technologies for eventual promotion and commercialization (PCARRD, 2001).
BCARRD formally organized its new Technology Assessment Team (TAT).
The TA Team of BCARRD undertakes the following major activities/services:
1. Prepares proposal for technologies that will be subjected to TA.
1. Prof. Grace Brizuela (Extension Director, BU & RTP Coordinator, BCARRD)
2. Prof. Jose Ramon E. de Leon (Professor, BUCAS &RACO Coordinator,BCARRD)
3. Prof. Leilani D. Pavilando (Professor, BUCAF)
4. Prof. Angelo P. Candelaria (Extension Coordinator, BURDC)